Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Snow Day

Like I said, Scott was out of town for 5 days last week and we were fortunate enough to have my dad come and stay with us. The boys were thrilled, of course, but they didn’t even realize the half of it. It saved them from having a weary and frustrated mother all that long while.
.Good old Papa juggled, did magic tricks, made balloons and took us all out to eat (not to mention all of the ironing and laundry he helped me catch up on). I even worked up the courage to get all of the boys snow-suited up – boots, mittens, hats and all – for a little romp in the snow.
.
Fortunately for the boys, they didn’t sink all the way down all 12 inches that we had on the ground (I finally had a chance to really measure it), but their slight weight only pulled them down 4 or so inches. The got around with quite a lot of effort and got stuck more than once (Mom’s weight pulled her a little further down than 4 inches on her rescue missions!), but they had a great time – for 10 minutes anyway.

Joe makes a snow angel

The final product

"Let me back in! I'm freezing!!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home