Thursday, April 12, 2007

Just a second

The Easter bunny brought us brand new sets of kiddy markers and new coloring books. Eager to try them out, I set the kids in their highchairs (so they couldn't color the furniture and walls) and let them at it. I walked around the corner - literally 5 steps away - to push two buttons on the oven. This is what I came back to not three seconds later:
.
I thought I was being so clever - Patrick with the wooden tray got orange marker just in case the markers were not as "washable" as they claimed. He looked like he had been iodine swabbed in preparation for chest surgery.

I saw Luke with the marker in his mouth and when I yanked it away, this is what I saw. The once green pointed tip had been sucked clean of it's ink. The tip had also been bitten off. (it was retrieved before being swallowed, thankfully)



Even Joe got in on the messiness, showing me his colorful hands.

This is why we don't color or paint at this house. My poor children won't be able to write or color until they are safely under the care of their kindergarten teacher (God bless her, whoever she is!)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, at least now we know Luke does not have an ink (or marker tip) allergy. ;)

10:40 AM  
Blogger Andi said...

You are one brave mom to even give them markers!

7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home