Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Say, "Ahhhhh"

Joe went to the dentist this morning! He did okay, I suppose. He didn’t want to sit in the chair, so Daddy held him while Dr. Jim counted his teeth and did a little fluoride brush with his new Big Bird toothbrush.
.
Dr. Jim assured us that he had seen it all with kids and to not be embarrassed no matter what they did. He even told us that his own little boy needed to be held down every day to get a good brush. This made me feel a lot better. I wasn’t sure if I should do that to Joe – I don’t want him to hate all matters of dental hygiene. I guess the reasonable (albeit noisy and seemingly harsh) means justify the end.
.
Afterward, Joe showed off the not-exactly-well-deserved treats that he got. Overall, he left in a good mood and with NO cavities, and Mom and Dad are at least more prepared to “fight the good fight” in the battle over brushing.
.
A little Saturday morning cartoon watching on Joe's new favorite spot - Mommy and Daddy's bed. Joe had a (very) minor boo boo on his forehead and was more than excited to have it covered with a cool Nemo bandaid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home