Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Take five – Birthday party!

Joe turned two on the 16th and we had a little party for him. He can now answer the question, “How old are you?” with a hearty, “Two…ah, ah, ah!” (like the Count from Sesame Street)


Joe had a baseball cake – my first real attempt at a shaped cake. He decided to lick is gingerly when we set it in front of him. I thought that was only a tradition for a kid’s first birthday, but it was darn cute. My mom is the cake expert in the family. She used to make Mickey Mouse and Barbie cakes, but lately has made bugs, lawnmowers and cell phones. I can only hope to be that versatile some day!


Luke and Catherine (Anna and Doug’s two oldest) are enjoying lunch and Play-Doh.


There were lots of kids and friends of ours that we don’t get to see that often being so far away from home. Here’s Carrie, me, Emily, Anna and baby John Paul.

The boys goofing off - Scott, Bob, Greg, Chris, and Doug (holding Luke)


Joe opening gifts with Grammie

Patrick is enjoying a beer with his godmother, Aunt Katie. Katie’s boyfriend Michael (in the background) is a firefighter and gave Joe the cutest little ride-on fire truck. Joe liked is so much he couldn’t even wait to get it out of the box.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry i missed all of the fun events. I will be back in November for thanksgiving.

6:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was so good to see you guys! We miss you already. Suzanne I'm anxious to hear how your ride home went w/ the 3 boys by youself. Everytime I think I'm going to lose my mind w/ the boys, I just think about you doing that, and I feel I can do anything! Hope all is well back in WI. Talk to you soon.
Liz

11:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a fun party!! And what fun pictures!! We so enjoyed hosting Joseph's birthday and getting to see you all fairly often during April and May!!! Joseph is talking so much and his uncles and granddad certainly enjoyed teaching him som "new comments" like "awesome dude!"! Patick and Luke change daily; they will be mobile before we know it!! Their little personalities are definitely emerging!! Can't wait to see you again in June. Love you all, Grammie and Granddad

1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home