Thursday, February 02, 2012

Just like Magic

Grandpa came back to stay with us last week while Scott was gone.  He brought Joe a few magic tricks including a coloring book.  Joe can magically make drawings appear on the pages, then he can magically color them!  He was pretty excited.  Peter seemed to be interested in it, too.  Joe loved the audience.

IMG_2979

Mommy enjoyed the company, the lunches and dinners eating out, the trimmed front bushes, the chance to catch up on laundry and one extra favor.  While Grandpa was here, I ran to the garage freezer to grab something for dinner.  What I grabbed was squishy.  Then it hit me… the smell!  Nothing in there was frozen.  It all smelled rotten.  What happened??

We noticed that the freezer was plugged into a GFCI outlet.  I remembered that there was an electrical storm with a little power blip.  Surely, that’s what tripped the freezer.  That was last Tuesday.  Nasty.  God bless Grandpa for cleaning out that mess for me.  The freezer will stink for a while, but I can manage that.  Grandpa even replaced the outlet with a non-GFCI one. 

The worst part was that we just went to Costco and stocked up on ‘convenience foods’ – turkey burgers, chicken nuggets, frozen fish, turkey meatballs – and the very worst part:  the freezer had some meals my mom and mother-in-law had made for us.  Sad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home