Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Senseless

While in KC, we all developed some nasty colds. Patrick and I seemed to get the worst of it. After flying to the FOCUS conference and back, my ears are totally clogged, as well as my sinuses. The biggest problem, besides not being able to take any medicine for it, is the lack of three of my senses: hearing, taste and smell. It seems that these are very important for the mom of boys. For example, we’ve discovered full diapers long after they needed to be changed. Unless a boy ‘fesses up to his poopy diaper, I don’t smell them. Figuring out if the kids' jammies need to be a little fresher is tough. Also, I’ve missed the oven dinger since I can't hear it (can you say “extra crispy chicken?”) and I’m sure some fights that I may never know about. Since we were out of town for 17 days, I have no idea if there is a nasty smell in my house. There could be a wayward potato rotting behind my fridge, and I wouldn’t know about it. Luckily, we haven’t had any visitors, and the boys never seem to complain about yucky odors.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home