Saturday, November 18, 2006

Thanks for nothing

We got flu shots for the boys yesterday. In a stroke of maternal genius, I remembered to bring Joe’s “Cars” band-aids to soothe and distract him after the shot. He did just great. I was very proud of him. The clever nurse had his “Bob the Builder” sticker all ready for him before he could even really cry. As we left the office, Joe told the nurse, “Thank you for the shot!” She got a big kick out of it and told all the other nurses.

You college football fans out there will be jealous. Scott had a chance to go to the Ohio State/Michigan game this weekend. Being a Notre Dame fan, I couldn’t root for either team, but I guess Scott decided on Ohio State. He had a great time with his cousin Johnny who was in Ohio to run the campaign for a congresswoman. The boys and I watched a bit of the game here at home, mostly to look for daddy in the crowd. Joe would say, “Oooo, watch for daddy! There he is. Hi, Daddy!” He waved frantically at the TV when he saw crowd close-ups.

Two of Joe’s latest phrases:
“Oh my gosh!”
“Guess what? Chicken butt!” (we’re so proud)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home