Thursday, November 16, 2006

Eat your veggies


Yesterday, I was cutting a tomato for a salad, and Joe looked alarmed. “Mommy, you eating Bob!” Bob the Tomato is a character from the VeggieTales videos, pictured here with his friend Larry the Cucumber.



The twins are starting to stand on their own. There have only been a handful of wobbly attempts, but it’s fun to watch them try. They’ve also learned how to roll the tent over while inside. That feat produces lots of screams and laughter. Doesn’t Patrick look like he’s just done something naughty?
.

Luke says “hello!” into his baby cell phone.

Scott found some “Cars” character band-aids for Joe. When Joe saw them, he immediately began searching his body for “boo boos” that really needed coverage. He found a tiny little nick on his ankle and he refused to wear his socks all day so he could admire his bandage.


Speaking of racecars, Joe got to see one up close tonight. The Lowe’s close to our house was having a “viewing” and you could take pictures with the car. For any of you that know me, you may know that if my soul is eternally damned to hell, I will spend eternity on the front row of a NASCAR race on a hot day. Nothing could be worse for me, but it’s given me the opportunity to sacrifice my own personal tastes for the kids. I’m such a martyr. We went out for drive through ice cream later. We have to remember to bring Joe’s bib or his carseat is a sticky mess.


Scott and I have been on Weight Watchers for 4 months now. I have lost a measly 18 pounds, but Scott has lost almost twice that much. It’s much easier to do with a partner, and I’m so glad we’ve both stuck with it for so long. Our Christmas gifts to each other will probably be some new clothes – I can pull my jeans off without unbuttoning them! When you see us again, please don’t remind us that we are on a diet (we know that already!) and don’t ask us if we are “allowed” to eat a particular something. The answer is almost always yes, but the key is moderation.

Years ago, meetings were full of plump little old ladies almost exclusively. We’ve been surprised to find a lot of men around our age that are going through the program (even though they rarely talk about it!) We really like WW and would recommend it to anyone who asks (not like we’re doctors, but both of our doctors recommended it…)


We're on a seafood diet. See food?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home