Monday, June 12, 2006

Trip to Deanna Rose


We went to Deanna Rose Farmstead in KC a few weeks ago. They have tons of farm animals, plants, flowers, a pond, petting areas, play structures… it’s wonderful for little kids. Joe is feeding a goat with his uncle (and godfather) Jeff while he was on leave from Iraq. We were glad to get to spend time with him.


They had a petting yard just for smaller kids filled with baby goats only. You could even buy little bottles of milk to feed them. At first, Joe loved the idea, but once one of the goats jumped up on him, he wasn’t so brave anymore. He kept saying over and over “Baby (pause) goats!” Very cute. Cousin Kolbe even got to feed them. Those goats were so annoying. One chewed my pocket while another chewed my shoelace. No wonder Joe was a little scared.

No comments, please, on Joe’s silly looking outfit. The place was crawling with little kids and it’s easy to lose one in the crowd. My sister clued me in on this one: dress them in stripes. Joe was so much easier to keep an eye on and the hat went with our patriotic theme in honor of Jeff’s visit.


Interesting. Can anyone tell me what' s wrong with this picture? Scott assured me that his socks were clean. Now they were wet, too. Yum, yum!

Patrick: "What? ... Is something the matter? Just enjoying some Sunday brunch with Dad!"


Luke: "Hey! Whatcha doin'?"

Joe got into the pita bread and had eaten half by the time I saw him. Maybe he thought it was a big cookie.

Some new phrases of Joe’s:

“No shower” after he accidentally pulled the shower lever while Scott was running his bath. The shower terrifies him for some reason, but he loves to point out when Scott or I have just taken a shower.

Joe and I were playing football and he said to me, “Pass!” and then, “Almost!” when he didn’t quite catch that pass

“Flowers hungry,” and handed me the spray bottle. Apparently, he also can tell that my indoor plants get neglected.

And my favorite this week: “Mmmmmm! Licious, Mommy!” after snarfing down a sloppy joe (we call them sloppy joe joe’s) Daddy confessed that he didn’t learn that phrase from him – he still prefers his own mother’s cooking to mine!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home