Thursday, March 23, 2006

Hood-winked

Patrick, Joe and Luke posing for a shot

We’ve been hood-winked. Joe woke up from his nap very early the other day and I went back in to tell him it wasn’t time to get up yet. He kept holding his hands in the air and saying “Up! Up!” When he realized that this tactic wasn’t working, he said (in the sweetest voice he could muster,) “Hug, mommy?” Who could resist, really? I gave him a little hug, and he tried to climb out of the crib holding on to my neck. Needless to say, we let him get out of bed. I’m a sucker.
.
Another little trick of Joseph's: He will say "kee kee, kee kee" until I ask "cookie?" (as in, "are you trying to say 'cookie?'") As soon as I say it, he exclaims "Okay!" and fully expects me to give him a cookie - as if I were offering! Clever little duck.

Dang. I never thought I would be one of those moms. “No TV for my kids,” I thought (and probably said.) Unfortunately, TV is such an easy babysitter. Mornings are a little crazy, especially if the babies need a bath or to eat before Joe is settled into an activity. It’s nice to know that Joseph is occupied as he watches Sesame Street, Caillou and “Barmey” – Barney. I’m so embarrassed.

The babies look at each other to fall asleep at night. It’s very precious. They haven’t figured out that they can look at each other while nursing yet. When they are close together, one will inevitable put the other one’s hand in his mouth. We’re not sure if they realize that they’re not chewing on their own hand.

Just in time for March Madness, Joe now says “get-ball” (basketball) “airball” and “Seesh!” (swoosh) We had to teach him “airball” after a game of mini b-ball with mommy. “Swoosh” came after playing with daddy, of course.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally was a "no tv" mom...until I realized how long Sesame Street, Caillou, and Barney will hold his attention while I shower, get dressed, dry my hair and put on my makeup. It's a life-saver! You're doing great!

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home