Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Tales from Packerland


What happened to my sweet little Joe? It seems that the terrible twos have come to our house a bit early. Getting dressed in the morning and for bed is now a big struggle, and Joe gets totally upset at the most random things. This morning, I think he experienced some serious jealousy when I dressed the twins in matching Packers outfits. Joe kept trying to pull one of the outfits over his head and threw it on the ground and whined in frustration. We had to dress everyone in Packers gear to make the morning go more smoothly

We think it’s wonderful that the twins already have preferences and different personalities. Here’s a little sampling:

Luke:
* More focused eater but takes him longer
* He’s a thinker – he gives us the serious face (furrowed brow, pursed lips) pretty often
* After having him in the Baby Bjorn for an hour, it was soaked through. Lots of drool! But he gurgles and blows bubbles with it usually
* Huge dimple on right cheek and more hair than Patrick
* Easily entertained with an interesting toy
* Relaxes when I rub my fingertips over his nose and cheeks

Patrick:
* He’s our talker. He’s taken to squealing with delight and making all sorts of crazy noises
* Doesn't really giggle or gurgle
* Smiles come more easily, although not in the above picture...
* He’s very interested in people and faces
* Fatter cheeks (maybe that’s where his right dimple disappeared to?)
* The baby that wakes up first for night feedings and in the morning is almost always Patrick
* Relaxes when I rub my fingertips over his forehead


Tonight, I bought Joe a potty chair. He’s been only slightly interested in watching daddy go potty, so we thought we would introduce his new piece of furniture early – just in case. He’s showing no other “signs of readiness” according to all of the best parenting books, but we thought it couldn’t hurt. I guess Joe liked his chair because we didn’t even get it put together before he insisted that he sit on it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's amazing how those terrible twos sneek up. Rob is still a bit of a green-eyed monster when it comes to Stevie! I'm anxious to see how Luke and Patrick are at that age. I wonder if it will be a little easier since they have each other to play with? I'm still trying to get Rob to potty train. He tells me when he does something whether it be 1 or 2, but when I ask him why he didn't tell me sooner, he says, "I can't like to poop on the big pot!" So there you go. Maybe by the time he goes to school he will like to do that. Boys are a joy!!
Liz

8:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is so fun to see the pictures of the boys! They are getting so big, what cuties. I also enjoy your humorous comments Suzanne, motherhood certainly has its funny moments. Enjoy all of them. You are a great mom!

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home