Friday, December 09, 2005

Doh!

The answer to the question "Joe, what's your name?" "Doh!" That "j" sound is tough!
.
For those of you that have been praying for us to just make it through each day: your prayers are being answered. I went to a new church on Sunday which I liked very much. I got a funny feeling that I really wanted to join the parish as soon as I walked in. As I was walking around the vestibule, I noticed a small brochure about "Elizabeth Ministries." It actually gave me goosebumps. It was all about a group of women at the parish dedicated to Mary's ministry to her cousin Elizabeth - everything related to pregnancy, childbearing and infant crisis situations, especially for families who are away from their extended families. This was exactly what we needed!!! I gave them a call, and within an hour, received a phone call back from a woman who has organized several other women to drop by the house for a few hours a week to help out. Did I need meals, she wondered. How about someone to help out with laundry or babysitting or trips to the doctor. Yes, yes, yes! God is so good. Today, a wonderful woman named Sharon came by and cleaned my kitchen and played with Joe (he loved her) and held a fussy baby so I could go through our mounds of paperwork and medical bills. She is a retired nurse and has 5 kids and 8 grandkids - with a set of twins! Perfect. It's hard to ask for help, but I'm so glad I did. Just knowing she was coming made my day go so much more smoothly. There is hope!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Suzanne! How wonderful to find some support and care! I'm so happy for you! You are so graceful in facing this challenge and continue to inspire me. I'm looking forward to your visit to KC. Hopefully we'll get to see you all when you are here. Take care of yourself!

8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home