Monday, November 21, 2005

Some firsts


Grandma D went home Saturday morning. After much crying on my part, I can finally acknowledge that she is gone without choking up. I have two more weeks of help, and then I am on my own when Scott is back at work. Frankly, this terrifies me. I’ve started a system of daily goals. Example, my goals for today was to finish the three thank you notes I had left and put away my maternity clothes. Not much, but Scott is here today. When he is gone back to work, my daily goals will be more like this: make sure the kids are fed and diapers changed in a semi-timely manner.



Joe’s new activity is stacking the cans in the cupboard. The base of his stack tends to be the enormous mystery can of chicken that appeared in our house sometime between October 24 and November 4 – the amount of time I was in the hospital with the twins. If anyone knows of its origin, please let us know so that we can return it to its rightful owner. If not, does anyone have any suggestions on how to use 68 oz of canned chicken?
.
Today, Joe held his nose while getting his pants changed. What took him so long to realize that diapers are stinky?
.
We crossed a not so pleasant milestone last night, the first diaper blow-out. I’m proud to report that it was Luke. We also had another milestone, Joe’s first nightmare. Of course, we’re not sure, but Joe woke up screaming and he sure wanted to hug a lot. Poor guy. Today, halfway through the day, we realized that the boys were hooked to the wrong monitors. They are really starting to look alike! We’ll have to be more careful in the future.

2 Comments:

Blogger Andi said...

Going solo is scary but you'll do great. God doesn't give you a challenge you can't handle!

7:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey guys--
Hang in there Suzanne! It's going to get tricky when the help leaves, but you will do great. It seems like you learn new tricks everyday to make things run smoother. A routine has helped me with my two little ones! I try to get them both to take the afternoon nap together and thus give myself a "break"(ha you know to do laundry, checkbook, maybe dust -- ha ha)Brett and I both feel that as long as both children are still alive when he gets home, then my job is done! Think about making that your goal! We love reading your updates! Luke and Patrick are just so sweet. It seems like Robbie started having nightmares around the same age. Luckily they don't come every night. I hope you all have a very happy thanksgiving!

4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home