Monday, December 05, 2005

Flying Solo

So today is my first day alone with the boys and I’m happy to report that everyone is still alive – so far. Four poopy diapers in less than 10 minutes this morning has to be a record (one that I’m not anxious to break). I can actually have a moment to myself (so to speak) as long as I don’t mind Joe muting and unmuting his Baby Beethoven video over and over again. God bless the creators of Baby Einstein. Grammie and Granddad left Saturday morning and we had that same feeling of aloneness/facing the world just the two of us that we did when we first drove Joe home from the hospital. A bit overwhelming. We were so grateful for everyone that came up to help us. What a blessing to have such a great family!!
.
I love my Grammie!

Granddad is so funny!

.
Side note: We took the boys to the doctor a few days ago and Patrick weighs 7 lbs 1 oz and Luke is 7 lbs 5 ozs. In less than a month, they gained over two pounds. Way to go boys!
.
Before Grammie and Granddad left, we had them get family pictures of us for our Christmas card. What a trip. It was like getting a box of puppies to be still and all look at the camera at the same time. Here are a few shots that obviously will not make the cut:





Hope you have all been good little boys and girls this year! St. Nick is coming tonight! Time to go: Joe is trying to eat the "Christmas Cookie" scented candle. Can you blame him?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We had such a great time in Milwaukee last week with all of you. We have thought about you often and wonder how things ae going, busy I'm sure!!!! Suzanee, we are anxious to hear how your dad came through his surgery yesterday. I know it must have been hard for you to be so far away. Give the boys a kiss for Granddad and I. Love, Grammie

10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home