Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Sweet and Sour

Andrew must be a classic two-year-old.  We have so many funny and precious moments when he’s being the sweetest little thing.

IMG_1219

Hey, check out my belly button!

IMG_1216

I see you!

IMG_1186

Scott was napping one afternoon after a long business trip, and Andrew covered him up without waking him.  He also crowned him with Joe’s “100 days of school” celebration crown.  Daddy didn’t know about that until he saw the picture!

IMG_1187

Andrew even tucked his feet in very tenderly.

IMG_1261

One day, with no prompting at all, Andrew decided that mommy needed a nice meal.  He laid out the tea towel on the coffee table, got down a bowl and spoon, pulled a chair over from the dining room table, and asked daddy to help him pour me some cereal.  “Mommy, you sit here.  Wanna snack?”  It was so precious because it was unexpected and totally out of the ordinary for him.

IMG_1262

Another day, Andrew tried to help me “make mac ‘n’ cheese”.  Scott must have recently made a milkshake because Andrew decided that using the blender was the way to go.  He poured in the uncooked macaroni and wanted me to “turn it on”  Yum yum!

IMG_1267

But, in the last few weeks, the terrible twos have reared their ugly head.  For a few days, I thought he had lost his mind completely.  He wasn’t even himself.  It wasn’t just mere tantrums.  We deal with lots of those is this house, even after the twos are over.  It was his baseline personality that was changed.  Usually, he’s sweet and accommodating, but lately, it was grouchy, grouchy, grouchy.  He even woke himself up at night being grouchy.

Maybe we’ve turned the corner and maybe we haven’t yet.  Time will tell.  I miss my sweet little boy, though!  (and, yes, I’m fully aware that I’m wearing a 16 year old shirt in the picture above.  It’s great for when I have to cut hair!)

One quick story:  Andrew called to me from the bathroom one morning, “Mommy!  I spilled the toothbrush!”  Yes, he ‘spilled’ the toothbrush into the toilet.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Andrew is really starting to look like such a little boy (rather than a toddler!)..super cute.

12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home