Sunday, April 05, 2009

Palm Funday

We're trying to make the move to the actual church, not just the cry room.  We picked last weekend to begin the transition, clearly forgetting about Palm Sunday coming up.

The boys LOVED the palms.  They quickly became swords.  Awesome.  Once we squashed that, we noticed that they were using them to "tickle" the folks in front of us.  Again, awesome.  I just wanted to crawl out of there.

Then, there was the trumpet.  We sat right in front of the choir, complete with a trumpeter for the solemn occasion.  The boys covered their ears every time she played.  I hope she wasn't offended.

Finally, the crowd participation in the Gospel kind of threw off the boys.  At one point, someone exclaims "Jesus is the king of the Jews."  Luke must have only heard the last part because he hollered out "The JUICE??"  Chuckles all around.  Except for me.  That little whimper was the very last of my pride going the way of the dodo.

2 Comments:

Blogger Andi said...

Funny, I thought for a moment I was reading about my children!

7:01 PM  
Blogger Damian and Christi Schreffler said...

I'm sure the trumpetor was not in the least offended. In fact, if I were her, I would have had a hard time not laughing! :)

8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home