Sunday, May 11, 2008

A very special Mother's Day

It was a particularly touching Mother’s Day for me this year with a new baby. Something about a newborn really brings out the mothering feelings – maybe it’s all of the hormones. But, I was also realizing the sacrifices of mothers just don’t end when your kids leave home. My own mother is using most of her vacation for the year to help us out for a few weeks. She also has to miss the birth of my sister’s third baby. Shannon will be induced on Tuesday. This is quite a sacrifice, not just for her, but for Shannon as well. We’ve been able to be around for each others’ births (at least with in a few days), but we won’t be able to see each other for a few weeks.
.
After Andrew's first bath at home. He was a little mad about the whole affair, but calmed down once he got dried off.
.
Proud brother Joe
.
Patrick trying his hand at burping Andrew.
.
On Thursday, I started to notice that I was having an alergic reaction to my pain killer. Half a bottle of Benadryl and three days later, I was feeling better and not so itchy. It was kind of a crummy way to spend a few days, but all is well now, and a little batch of hives is nothing compared to the issues we've had in the past!
.
Happy Mother's Day to all of the wonderful mothers in our lives: Great-grandmothers Rita and Lois, Grandmas Kathy and Judy, Godmothers Shannon, Kelly and Katie (and soon-to-be Janelle) and all of the other wonderful great aunts, cousins and friends that inspire us to be the best mothers we can be! We love you all!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

I love the picture of you and Andrew, Suzanne. What a sweet little guy he is.

8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home