Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Birthday Bash

Yesterday was my birthday. Officially, it’s the second anniversary of my 29th birthday, but who’s counting. Yes, I made my own cake. Because of their allergies, I have to find dairy-free cake mixes and frostings. This is easier than it sounds, since many of the off brands have certain flavors with no dairy. It’s just a matter of reading the labels. The hard part is trying to make those products taste good. (are they bad because they’re the cheap ones or because they don’t have dairy when they probably should? Points to ponder…) The kids don’t care either way – they’re getting cake! My available combo this time was yellow cake mix with “white” flavored icing. I added some Kool-Aid mix for the color and flavor, but it was still sub-par. You couldn’t tell that to the kids, though:
.
Patrick: I can’t get it in fast enough
.
Joe: Cake is my FAVORITE food
.
Joe wondered if I was having a party with some of our (read: his) friends over to celebrate with us. I told him that it would just be our family. We went on to discuss the difference between immediate and extended family. Later that day when Scott had him sign my card, he asked Joe what he should put in the card. Joe replied, “I love you! I hope you’re family!”
.
Luke: Finger-licking good
.
While I was downloading these pictures last night, I thought this one was awfully fishy. Had Scott gotten Joe to take this picture just to “remind” me of how nice it was that he did the dishes? He says, no, but I still wonder… It was wonderful to have dinner made for me and the kitchen cleaned for me – at least for one night.

So, in other disgusting and totally inappropriate news, one kid gave me a lovely birthday gift when he pooped in the tub. The worst part was that neither of us were paying attention to the water. The kids can get out of the tub on their own and come to us when we’re waiting in the other room with their towels and jammies. We didn’t notice the little treat until everyone was dried off and dressed for bed. Of course, we were totally grossed out and all of the towels and jammies went immediately into the wash. After the tub and toys got a quick coloroxing (what a marvelous product, by the way…) the kids got a second bath with much protesting. Yuck and double yuck! We’re pretty sure that Luke was the culprit, which puts the boys at one tub poo a piece.

2 Comments:

Blogger Damian and Christi Schreffler said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Hope you're staying warm up there!

8:37 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

Ahhh, tub poo. What joys.

10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home