Monday, January 21, 2008

Overheard

We’re a sad lot up here in Wisconsin. The Packers lost, and now it’s just cold and dreary while we wait for the long winter to end. In the meantime, our little ones keep us entertained. Recently overheard:

Luke’s latest request: “I want Muffets.” For a long time, I thought he wanted a muffin. Turns out that he wanted to watch the Muppets.

Whenever I get dressed up and put on makeup, the kids get suspicious. Luke asked me the other day, “Where ya goin’?” “Work,” I told him. Just to see what he would come up with, I asked him, “Where are you going?” He thought for a second and said with a smile, “Um, Gammy Ganddad’s house”

It’s hard for little kids to understand time, so I try to make things more tangible for Joe. He wanted to know when his birthday would be. I told him that it would be his birthday pretty soon after the baby came out of mommy’s tummy in the spring. He seemed satisfied with that answer. The other day, I was holding a friends baby – a 10-month-old little girl – when I went to pick up Joe from his art class. Immediately, he exclaimed, “Oh, is that the baby from your tummy? Is it my birthday?”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home