Friday, August 31, 2007

A much needed break

Last week, a friend of mine on the retreat team with me at church, Rosemary, came over to watch the kids so I could have an hour to myself. It really was LOVELY. I treated my self to breakfast in what I later discovered was a kosher deli (what the heck is beef bacon?) and read a few chapters in a book. When I got home, the kids all ran to me with big smiles on their faces. It was heartwarming. They also immediately began to wave and say “bye bye, gamma!” Anybody older than mom taking care of them and giving them kisses must be their grandma. As much as I love my boys, it’s such a pleasure to take a break, too. It helped me appreciate them more.

We later visited Rosemary and her husband Jim, who was also an identical twin. The boys got to play with their keyboard and were treated to lemonade and graham crackers to their hearts’ content. When we were leaving, I strapped the harnesses and tails on the twins for the walk to the car. When Jim asked Joe where his tail was, Joe pointed to his groin area and said “right there!” I don’t think we will let them forget that one!

More quotes:

Joe at breakfast: My Oatmeal’s too hot. Can you blow it up?

Joe after his babysitter wouldn’t let him have more candy: Jennifer didn’t listen to me!

Joe waking us up early one morning: My nose is sick.

Patrick after spotting the golden arches at a distance: McDowalds!

Luke: Boom, sah-ka yaka (boom shak a laka)

Patrick: Look, Luke! (I’ve never heard either of them address the other one by name)

Luke after picking up a green crayon: Green! (We’ve never worked on our colors. He must have learned it on his own)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home