Monday, September 18, 2006

Getting what he deserves

This is what happens when one baby doesn’t get his morning nap. I had to pry the scrambled eggs out of Patrick’s hand as I put him down.

So, yesterday, Scott decided to be Mr. Nice Guy and make us all dinner. I needed the break, and I tried very hard not to add my own commentary or offer suggestions to improve his cooking effort. It was almost entirely his project. The end result, I must say, was a very tasty meal. After dinner, the smart aleck quipped that it was the best meal he’d had in years. To which I replied, “Yes, Scott. And I think that you deserve only the best, which is why you should cook dinner from now on.”

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the picture! And your sense of humor, both of you!!! Good job cooking dinner, Scott. Now that you both know you can, offer more often!!! Love, Grammie

4:04 AM  
Blogger Bob and Lara said...

I love it when I get a break from cooking! Even if it is usually just scrambled eggs for dinner (Bob's specialty). The big question is...did Scott do the dishes that night too?

10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home