Saturday, September 23, 2006

The Bruisers

Luke clapped today! He was so proud of himself. I taught both of the boys to give “high five” when we were driving home from KC. They both laughed and laughed when their little hands made noises when they hit mine. Now, Luke doesn’t need me to make the cool sound! When I clap to get Luke to imitate, Patrick “claps” his legs, the table or whatever makes a noise. He hasn’t figured out to use his other hand.

The twins have been fighting a lot lately. Usually, it’s over a toy (the “toy of the moment”) that they both MUST have at that exact moment. Sometimes it’s over a binky or one of Joe’s sippy cups that has found it’s way to the floor. At first, it was cute, but now they are really going at it. They roll around and whack each other on the head and pull hair. I noticed this morning that one of the fights resulted in a little cut under Luke’s left eye. I’m sure it was just a fingernail that needs to be clipped, but with all of their other bruises just from still being wobbly on their feet, the boys look pretty tough. I just hope no one calls social services...

Joe’s latest:

  • “Guess what?” followed by a little babble, then a string of some of his favorite things “Blah, blah, Bob Builder, Wiggles, Trawberries”
  • “Great song, Mommy! Great song,” whenever something he likes is playing on the radio or a CD. He even said it when he set off one of his singing toys – Old MacDonald really isn’t a great song over and over.
  • “I make a song all by myself. I did it!” His potty chair plays a little song when he potties. This is very exciting to him and fine with us.
  • For minor infractions, Joe has to go to timeout for the amount of time it takes to sing the alphabet song. I told him to head to the corner and say his ABC’s and he trotted to his timeout spot and said “ABC’s!” I had to give him credit and he got a free pass out of his mini-timeout.
  • When Joe was making a Play-Doh snake, he accidentally broke it in half. He took it to Scott and asked, “Can you fix it like Bob Builder, Daddy?”



The twins are the age that Joe was when we moved into this house. I just can’t believe it. Time flies SO fast. Joe is growing so tall and changing so much lately – talking, jumping, reasoning. He’s such a big boy now. Patrick and Luke seem so young compared, but I know they will be walking in a few months. All these toddlers! I love it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home