Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Big shoes to fill

Joe decided to try on daddy’s shoes today. He actually walked a few steps. He was so proud of himself.

Thanks for the chair, Grammy. Actually, thanks to Aunt Katie, too, for not tossing it in Cedar Rapids! Joe loves to sit in it and “read.” It's just the right size. He also loves to turn it over and drag it around the living room and the kitchen. Whatever works!

The Doctor’s report: We had an appointment this morning. The belly measures 42 weeks (I’m 34 weeks along tomorrow), and I’m dilated 1 cm. Big deal. No signs of pre-eclampsia, either, which is nice. Other than that, the c-section is scheduled for Nov. 10 at 11am. Maybe (hopefully) they won’t make it that long, but I think that’s the wish of every very pregnant mom at this point. If they were born now, they would probably be around 6 lbs and would do pretty well.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too was 34 weeks, one centimenter dialated, but measured 43 weeks...and when my boys were born they were 6 pounds and 6 pounds 4 ounces (this was at 34 weeks exactly). I hope the last few weeks go well for you! It sounds like you have done a terrific job growing those babies!

2:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How funny! I'm just browsing your site for the first time and we too just got a spontaneous pic of Devin standing in my shoes (they were the only ones he had to choose from). He hasn't found his nostrils yet, thank God!

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home