Friday, April 23, 2010

Garden Gurus


Farmer Andrew showing off our garden. Thanks for helping mow, little one! I'm working hard this summer to keep this garden from being the weed patch it was last year. It started in the fall with some good kitchen scraps tossed into the mess. This spring, I've turned over the whole garden (it was like sugar - so soft!) and dug out barrels of weeds, grass and lemon balm (my arch-nemesis). We WILL bring forth vegetables!!!


So far, we have spinach and lettuce planted. It came up in just a few days and the bunnies were already dining on it. We have since put up a fence. Yes, I am Mr. McGregor! Go eat a heap of grass, you little theives!


And, just for fun, can you guess how many little boys are under the small pool? (note the foot sticking out) The correct answer is FOUR! I don't know how they did it, but they did!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home