Tuesday, May 08, 2007

My Pedicure

Today, I got the sweetest pedicure. All three boys were in the tub after a long day of playing outside and eating spaghetti. After scrubbing all of the kids down, Joe told me that he wanted to “scrub” my feet. The little stool I sit on to bathe them was the perfect height for me to throw my legs over the side of the tub. Joe washed my feet with his washcloth (in the totally filthy water, by the way – it looked like my kitchen sink after an Italian feast) and we talked about why my toenails were pink. Then, he gently kissed my little toe for no good reason. It was precious! You can’t get that kind of service at the salon!

Patrick hates getting dressed. Whenever we bring out the clothes, he high-tails it out of there. Luke, on the other hand, usually loves to get dressed because he associates it with our going somewhere, usually outside to play. He will sit right down in my lap and try to help. So, today at dinner, I realized that all of their bibs were in the washing machine, and we were about to eat spaghetti. The best option in this case was for me to just strip them to their diapers. I started with Luke, but once Patrick saw that de-clothing was going on, he practically ran to me. He couldn’t wait to get in on it! That kid just loves being naked. I think it was the best meal of his life because he got to eat it in the buff.

Also today, while playing outside, the twins discovered the radio that daddy had left on the garage floor. They had a ball pushing the buttons and turning the knobs. They were both squatted over, looking so intently and enjoying their little game until they turned the volume knob. All of a sudden, the radio got VERY loud and both boys popped up in fear and scurried away as fast as their little legs could carry them!

Two more little things from Joe: Scott needed a haircut Saturday morning and took Joe along. The whole time, Joe referred to it as the “Haircut store.”

Joe was talking on the phone to his Uncle Dave when Dave asked him where is brothers were. Joe replied, “They’re asleep. Be quiet.”

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such great stories you think to share with all of us!! They always brighten my day! We're crossing our fingers that we ill get to make a trip to Milwaukee the end of the month!
Love, Grammie

3:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home