Sunday, January 04, 2009

The Little Prince


I got a wonderful compliment the other day. Scott and I had taken Andrew with us to dinner with another couple. After a while, he needed a fresh diaper. On my way to the bathroom, a couple stopped me to tell me how cute he was. The husband said, "We were watching you with him. He must be the little prince in your house!" I couldn't resist the temptation to tell the nice man that Andrew was, in fact, my fourth little boy. He was honestly shocked and said he could have sworn that he was my first baby with the way we were playing together.
.
I hope every one of my boys feels like mommy's little prince. It's hard to be as affectionate and playful as you want to be when so much needs to get done just for everyone to survive in the household. Lately, I've been really trying to make more of an effort to hug, snuggle, kiss, tickle and giggle with each on of the boys. If the day is long and stressful, at least I know they each get kissed at bedtime. I ask them where they want their kiss, and they have a fun time being silly pointing to their nose, cheek, forehead, chin or ears. Someday, they'll be teenagers and affection from a mom will be mortifying, but until then, I have to make hay while the sun shines!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

All four of your boys are very happy kids. They definitely know they are loved! :)

~Aunt Shannon

7:42 PM  
Blogger Damian and Christi Schreffler said...

It doesn't hold off until they are teenagers... Braydon is 6 and he already gets embarrassed easily if we try to hug and kiss him in front of the other kids!

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home