Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Essential Andrew

Andrew wanted to share with you some of his experiences so far in his young life, so, in his own words:
.
I’m a pretty easy going kid. Give me a full tummy, a clean diaper and a binky, and I’m usually content. A good tight swaddle at bedtime and I’m out!
.

Today, I held a toy for the first time and even managed to get it into my mouth. This was quite a feat, I assure you.
.



Some of my favorite things are watching my brothers play, getting tickles and love sniffs from mommy, batting at toys under my play gym, and playing stinky feet. I will warn you, though: If you want me to smell my own feet, be prepared for the motor-boating or diaper-filling that will inevitably follow. I love giving super sloppy kisses to anyone who sticks their face near mine, especially my brothers. I like nursing mommy’s chin, and if she wiggles her jaw while I do it, it makes me giggle. I also love standing up (with help, of course) and “baby boxing” with daddy. I’m really good. You can ask him.

Every morning, I love to sit up on the table in my Bumbo and watch my brothers eat breakfast. I’m a part of the family, too, and it’s fun to be at eye level. Of course, once everyone is done, they sometimes forget about me and I have to holler and arch my back to get some attention.
.
I’m most grouchy and inconsolable when I’m tired. Not even eating will help then. I also HATE getting my nose aspirated. With my tiny little nose passages, mommy puts me through the torture a few times a day. She always follows it with a bunch of kisses and some food, so that makes it better.
.

It’s a great life, being baby #4. Mommy and Daddy seem to know how to handle me most of the time (I get them flustered every once in a while!) and my brothers give me lots of love. I can’t wait to grow up and play with them. Thanks for reading. I think I’ll go back to sucking on my first two fingers. Yum!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home